Clive Thompson's article on the Future of Reading in a Digital World was very interesting. I'm an avid reader. It's hard to read books during the semester but on my breaks and especially the Summer I read constantly. It's a stress reliever and I don't know where I would be without my books.
To be honest I have a really big fear for authors and their books. I don't want books to be easily accessible online. I love being able to pick up a hard copy and read it. I know there are the nooks and e-readers now where you can read online, but I'm not sure how I feel about readers being able to write and comment whatever they want about a book and a specific sentence or chapter.
Thompson is correct when he says that if we take books digital it will unlock the real hidden value which is the readers. I know books will eventually turn digital because our world is all about technology, its just a mater of when.