Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Twitter is the Medium of Movement

I have never liked twitter. I don't like using it now and I don't think I'll ever like using it unless I have to for a job. I will admit twitter is interesting but what i did not know is that its now the "medium of the moment." What's more interesting is that the iranians use it to protest the presidential election.

Twitter is built to spread information fast. Isn't Facebook like that? Twitter is very personal, but Facebook is even more personal. One thing that is different is that Tweets go out over two networks, and they can be received and read on practically anything with a screen. I do agree with the TIME article when it states, that Twitter is ideal for a mass protest...and its very hard for any central authority to control. With Facebook you can just close down a specific page.. Twitter. You definitely can't do that.